3/02/2005

Back from Vacation and Spitzer

I just returned from a family vacation and attending Hillel's Spitzer Forum with great Five College Students in our Tzedek Leadership Corps program (supported by a grant from the Jewish Endowment Foundation of Western Massachusetts). The conference was exciting and I will post links and reflections as soon as I catch up with 10 days of work.

B'shalom,
Rabbi Bruce

PS. The closing speaker was Senator John McCain (R, Arizona). He was the most refreshing politician I have heard in a while. He was witty, knowledgeable, and let the audience ask questions without having them vetted first by staff (like all others we heard from at the conference). Too bad he lost his parties nomination in 2000. He would have made that election a tough choice for me. As someone in the audience said, he is a mentch!

No comments: