9/11/2007

Sweet New Year

I was told I haven't been posting enough on my blog, so here is some New Year themed entertainment and learning. For info on Rosh Hashanah, check out Hillel's web site.

With wishes of a sweet New Year for you and your families. May the old year take its curses with it and the new year bring with it blessings.


לשנה טובה תכתיבו

May you be inscribed for a year of meaning & health.
May we merit to see peace speedily in our day!

Rabbi Bruce and Deborah Bromberg Seltzer

Zev, Hadas, Adeena, & Maayan

____________________________________________________________________

Rosh Hashanah Services & Dinner at Smith:
Wednesday night services and dinner
Thursday services and picnic/tashlich
____________________________________________________________________

Now for the fun:

A fun video made by students at Rutgers:
Rosh Hashanah Girl
(Inspired by "I Got a Crush...On Obama" starring Obama Girl Hot on the heels of YouTube sensation “Obama Girl”, “I Gotta’ Love You Rosh Hashanah” is the musical journey of a girl and her shofar as she welcomes the Jewish New Year! Follow Rosh Hashanah Girl as she sings and dances through the streets of New York — from Central Park to Times Square to the rooftops of Brooklyn, she’s got everyone singing “R to the O to the S to the H” ... and soon you will be too!).

Two Rosh Hashanah videos of Shabot 6000 (from a weekly series by Ben Baruch):
Tekiah
Head of the Year

Thanks to my college friend, Wendy Robin Stark, who emailed me two additional videos from YouTube (I believe I posted the second one last year):
This is a RH themed version of a classic Muppets bit. (How do you say Muppets in Hebrew?)

This is hard to describe.

1 comment:

A daughter said...

Hi Rabbi Bruce,
I'm so glad that I got to talk to you on Friday!

I have linked to your blog in my post about my weekend at Smith (in my blog: www.phranklyphred.wordpress.com). Good for you for posting!!

L'shana Tovah!
Jen